*Cabbage coconut recipe*
Cabbage coconut curry is a south indian recipe made of shredded cabbage and coconut.
- Shredded Cabbage -- 3 cups
- Mustard Seeds -- 1/4 tsp
- Chana dal - 1/4tsp
- Grated Fresh Coconut -- 1 cup
- Green Chilies -- 2 medium
- Ginger - 1" piece
- Turmeric powder - pinch
- Curry leaves - 4 to 5
- Cooking Oil -- 4 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- In a pot add one cup of water to shredded cabbage, turmeric powder, half ginger piece,cover with lid and boil until water evaporates or u can boil in a pressure cooker.
- In a skillet heat oil and add chana dal and mustard seeds.When they pop, add sliced green chilies,chopped ginger pieces and curry leaves.
- Next add cabbage and stir for 10 minutes on medium heat. Finally add the shredded coconut and cook for 5min.
- Goes well with white rice or even chapathis.